- That’s scishow doing what they do best.
- Fucking morons.
What Honeybees Can Teach Us About Democracy (by scishow)
There’s this place in Ireland where every 2 years, the stars line up with this trail on June 10th-June 18th. It’s called the Heaven’s Trail.
I hate to burst everyone’s bubble here, but I can count five reasons minimum why this is impossible.
- If a stellar alignment occurs at all, it occurs a minimum of once per year. It cannot occur every two years. In fact, they almost always occur twice per year, the only stellar alignments that truly occur only once per year are the solstices.
- If this occurs from June 10th to June 18th, it would also occur on June 22nd to June 30th, because, after the summer solstice, the stars repeat their patterns in reverse.
- Ireland is substantially in the northern hemisphere. For the milky way to be straight up and down like this in June, it would have to be very near the equator.
- There’s also no way to see stars so near the horizon especially with clouds in the air. So this is, at the very least, a composite of two photographs.
- The caption says it’s in Ireland, but it isn’t raining *BURN*
The world is intensely wonderful and beautiful and we don’t need to make stuff up…though I have nothing against fantasy, I do dislike bad science.
As wonderful as this would be, thank you for clearing this up, Hank(?). I have no problem with you correcting things.
Let’s ask ourselves…what exactly is going on here? I mean, I know, it’s a movie, it’s animated, it’s for kids, and SpongeBob lives in a pineapple and wears pants and has bonfires underwater but really, let’s just look at this.
What’s in those bags? What are the bags in? Why would bags of water float in water? How on Earth does that make visual sense to anyone ever in the history of the world! The bags aren’t even taking their natural shape!
THIS IS A DISASTER OF TERRIBLE PHYSICS!
Was that you Hank? Speak up now.
I might just spend the rest of my summer watching all of Crash Course and SciShow before I go back to school.
we approve of this plan
Let’s get these shows in our schools!
“We’re gonna make this like Voldemort’s soul and split it up into eight parts.”
I literally squeeled out loud at all the Harry Potter references made in this video. So naturally I would go back and put all of them together so we could see the awesome side by side.
I am entirely certain sure that John Green is the embodiment of perfection, and no one can convince me otherwise. Unless you are a Mongol.